Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Super Fun Time With Heath Slater/Raw Rant August 19th, 2013


That's right. Half the crowd was chanting for 3MB. Take that Slater haters.

Alright this is Rants of Wrestling and this is The RAW Rant so let me get something off my chest... Getting through a three hour RAW is a chore. Not only is it a chore at times but I don't like the fact that I have to set aside three hours to watch a wrestling program. Setting aside three to four hours to watch a pay per view like SummerSlam is different. Not only is it a show that's going to have matches worth watching or at least is hopefully worth watching. And a pay per view is something I can invite my friends over to watch and have fun. No one is interested in watching a three hour RAW.

And don't forget about Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, Total Divas and hey how about attending a house show!? Don't forget about the 14 pay per views a year! No wonder people can't be bothered with watching TNA or ROH. If you just try and follow everything WWE has to offer you'll already be sick of pro wrestling or rather "sports entertainment." This is something that was just brought up the other day on The XWA forums.

Those who defend three hour RAWs allow me to tell you something. RAW is a commercial. RAW is a commercial for WWE pay per views. Everything that happens on RAW hopefully leads to pay per view matches. You don't ever see Brock Lesnar or The Rock wrestler on the commercial for the pay per view. No you see them on the pay per view. Sometimes its entertaining but even when it is it lengthy and we get a lot of filler.

And I'm not saying RAW was bad. It was alright. You had good stuff on here but you forced me to get through this for three hours. A bad two hour show can piss me off. You really would have seen a rant if this was a bad show.

I'll still want to see if WWE really does make Bryan Danielson a legit super star in pro wrestling. It's not like I'm going to have to deal with RAW much longer anyway. One more then I'll be off to do another month of core drilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment