Friday, August 23, 2013

Impact Wrestling/Hardcore Justice 8/22/13 Report


I said years back that TNA should do less pay per views and do more Clash of Champions like shows. Well that's happened and results are mixed. I had it in my head that these shows would be like The Whole F'N Show. Well they're not but that's understandable I guess. I guess the plan was to just have normal Impacts until show attendance got really low so they're bringing back the old pay per view names for free on Spike TV.

The only thing that makes this show different from a normal Impact is the main event and I understand that. The Whole F'N Show was supposed to be a pay per view that ended up on TV. Hardcore Justice '13 was an Impact that was quickly changed to being named after an old pay per view.

I liked what TNA did with Aries and Styles this show. Austin Aries decided to be a lone wolf in The Bound For Glory Series and we get a good story going forward. AJ Styles was a good surprise. Styles had a good lone wolf thing going for Styles but TNA messed it up. I'm just happy he's not in any crap storyline anymore.

Devon again proved to be the biggest surprise from Aces & 8s. Everyone was expecting Knux to take the pin but it was a better idea for Devon to take the fall. It's a surprise because he has done more and an actual name guy for the stable but if you had a real nobody take the fall there would have been little point to be excited about future matches like this from TNA.

Well this show didn't make want to buy a pay per view but I'm interested in what happens next. Aces & 8s seems to be crumbling and Aries has decided to make himself a lone wolf against three other workers.

I'm going to try and not nit pick when it comes with TV shows that you can see for free. This was good for what it was. Bound For Glory is not for another two months so they still have time to try and hype you up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment