Monday, August 19, 2013

PPV Report: SummerSlam 2013


SummerSlam was the first time I watched in over half a year. Bryan Danielson got me to watch this show. So let's take a look how it went.

WWE United States Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam

I'm so glad that I didn't have to go on YouTube to watch this. As much as I love YouTube I'd rather watch it on the TV. This was a good match. I know some people are down on RVD because he's old and his matches all seem the same now. Then we got people who turn around and defend Cena. I'm watching ECW on TNN for my "Restling Rewind and he's not nearly as good as he was then but come on it's Rob Van Dam people! He had a better match then Bray Wyatt could have. I know he still has a place on the card. Thankfully Ambrose retained.

***

Ring of Fire Match
Kane vs. Bray Wyatt

This is the first time I seen Bray Wyatt with this gimmick and it seems very cool and something that was needed in WWE. The match itself was horrible. A Ring of Fire match should have happened down the road in a feud, not a debut match. They didn't even make the gimmick of the match work. It would have been the worst match on the card if it wasn't for The WWE Divas Division.

**

Damien Sandow vs. Cody Rhodes

Rhodes going over makes sense. If you're going to have a feud and Cody is going to be after Sandow's Money In The Bank briefcase you want him to look strong and show people that he could beat Sandow. The match was nothing special.

**

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

This was a fun match to watch. For some reason ADR had a black eye.

***

Natalya vs. Brie Bella

I was honestly excited because when Natalya's music started playing I thought Bret Hart was coming out. This was a good moment to take a bathroom break which sucks because I do like Natalya.

*

No Disqualification
Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk

Even my friend who doesn't like to watch wrestling was excited to see who would win this match. Awesome match. I was hoping Punk would go over but I do want to see where WWE goes with Punk vs. Haymen.

*****

Mixed Tag Team Match
Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston and AJ Lee

This was the first time I watched Big E wrestle and I was very impressed. The guy can move and despite how some people really didn't like his promos I actually found them entertaining. This was better then I thought it was going to be. I didn't expect Big E to be that fun to watch.

***

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena

Another awesome match on this card. I didn't think they were going to have Danielson go over but they did and in a decisive way! He didn't have to screw Cena or had to cheat in any fashion. The crowd was super into Danielson which really added to this match. I legit jumped for joy and had a mark out moment when Danielson won the belt.

****

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton

EVOLUTION!!! I love the way how WWE didn't have Danielson cower but instead told Randy to get into the ring and wrestle after he just wrestled John Cena. We're going to see on RAW if WWE keeps Danielson strong or they mess it up.

(No Rating)

There was great matches mixed in with a few stinkers. It was really fun to watch and a WWE pay per view worth paying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment